Music is one of your baby’s favorite things – AND it’s one of the best things for your baby’s developing mind. Babies’ brains are filled with billions of neurons just waiting to be connected through sensory stimulation. That’s what we do when we’re in Kindermusik: we offer a sensory rich environment, complete with music, movement and fun, to create and strengthen baby’s neural pathways. Each Kindermusik class touches on every learning domain, creates special bonding moments, and begins to instill a lifelong love of music.
Cuddle & Bounce Ages 0 to 1
Whether your baby is five weeks or five months, this class will be perfect for you! With age-appropriate activities for newborns, infants and crawlers, this parent-child music and movement class will help you strengthen those early parent-child bonds, understand your baby’s development, and heavily focus on child development and communication with your baby. You and your baby will enjoy instrument play, dance, exploration time, and together time—and you’ll get expert advice and parenting resources based on the most recent research in baby development.
What you’ll experience in Kindermusik Baby Music Classes
Nurturing Baby’s Growth and Development
Young babies are responsive and receptive learners. With you there to nurture and engage your child, a Kindermusik baby music class gives your little one the perfect musical and developmental head start.
- Language and Vocal Development – You’ll hear lots of sweet gurgles and coos before your baby says her first words, and Kindermusik activities nurture your baby’s emerging language skills. He or she will learn to imitate sounds, experience give-and-take conversations, and add to his communicative abilities through sign language.
- Brain Development – Your baby is learning through moving—and being moved—through space. With every movement, baby’s brain synapses, the connections between neurons, are being created and strengthened. Growing minds present a big window of learning opportunity—and shaking an instrument, feeling a steady beat, looking into a mirror during tummy time, discovering new sounds, and zooming around the room in your arms all contribute to the strengthening of neural connections.
- Large Muscle Skills – One thing will naturally lead to the next as you expand your baby’s movement repertoire through music activities that support stretching, kicking, rolling, and crawling, as well as sitting and standing independently.
- Small Muscle Skills – From discovering her hands to learning what her hands can do, your baby will thrive on playful activities that give her practice in visually following objects, reaching for and grasping an object, releasing an object, and transferring an object from hand-to-hand.
- Social-Emotional Development – Through lots of cuddling, playing, humming, and dancing, Kindermusik activities help you build and strengthen your new relationship with your baby. Side-by-side play, and group dance activities with other parents and babies in class, provide the important benefits of safe and loving early interactions with the wider social world.
- Musical Development – You’ll bounce your baby to a steady beat. Maybe she’ll do a fledgling “bouncy dance” on her own. Together you’ll explore simple, baby-safe percussion instruments. Throughout hundreds of different Kindermusik music-and-movement activities, you’ll be giving your baby an early introduction to the songs, sounds, rhythms, and tempos of music from around the world.